View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #64
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
I really like the live tiles conceit. I prefer it over boring icons, something everyone is used to from desktop operating systems. The live tiles are a bit of a jump forward beyond icons. But, MSFT has a very difficult challenge attacking computing from the top (big devices) to smaller/mobile devices. Apple is attacking it from small devices...phones and tablets. Soon, these mobile apps are going to be sophisticated enough such that u don't need a desktop or laptop anymore...all they really need is a productivity software. Hence, msft including office in windows surface tablet. If the surface is priced at $300 I'm going to get one...it's worth it just for Office and the keyboard.
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote