View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I love my 505 and it still works. I'll upgrade when/if it breaks, till then I'll use Calibre to convert the epubs to lrf. I have six cats who cost me a fortune in food and vets fees, and who take priority over new ereaders, so I'm not the kind of person who can afford to buy the latest ereader.

I agree with you in theory, JS, but can't afford to put it into practise.
I fully understand the lack of funds for a new reader.

The problem may come down the line when you someday replace your 505 and you have all these LRF and if you want to read/read any of them, you have to convert them instead of them already being done. LRF is dead. Sony has stopped supporting it. The T1 has no LRF support.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote