View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 05:13 PM   #43
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
The Samsung Galaxy Tab will be running Android OS 2.2 in the initial release AND have fully sanctioned on device access to the Android apps market. I believe one of the reasons it passes ahead of 3.0 is that this device can operate as a phone. ....
The Galaxy Tab will NOT be running as a phone in the US: Samsung yanked out this option on all four carriers.

So far, this thing looks like a total loser to me. No voice means no Market, and it has a smaller, regular TFT, which is inferior to the IPS screen on the iPad.

Samsung also has crappy record with upgrades, so I wouldn't bet $600 that this will be upgraded to Gingerbread. Heck, they can't even get 2.2 out for the Galaxy S
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote