View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 11:06 AM   #33
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
If that were happening and working, this subject wouldn't be coming up over and over. Many many times people ask questions that could be answered quickly and readily if we knew their country. Instead we ask "what country do you live in?" Or more accurately, one person gives a response that's only appropriate to one country (usually the USA), another person asks "what country are you in?", someone else goes to the effort of answering their question multiple times with "if you are here x, if you are here y", others weigh in with questionably relevant answers; the OP only comes back a day or two later and as often as not doesn't answer the "where are you?" question, and on it goes.

It's not about the OP being of low intelligence or anything else insulting; it's about them not being aware that it's a relevant/necessary datum in order to receive high quality replies.
I said I would love to see my idea. I didn't say it was going to happen.

On the insulting part, I was specifically referring to one poster's suggestion.
Which you may not have found insulting but I did. Note: you and I are in two different countries. Heck, that suggestion may not have been insulting in parts of the US. It may depend on how one was raised. It is all on the reader.

In one forum, it would be nice to make first 6 of the serial number and firmware mandatory for questions.

Perhaps we could get a stickie on the proper way to ask a question in the buy forum.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote