View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #116
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian1984 View Post
Where did I asked for a solution? I've just informed that new PW that are being sold in Spain (and in in Italy as pirl8 sais) cames with 5.3.0 firmware.
Guys, no need to get upset.

There are essentially three things that people can do if they happen to have the "screw the user" version of the PW:
1. Live with it, as Amazon wants you to
2. Try to actively find an exploit which can be used for a jailbreak
3. Return it to Amazon

The 4th variant (opening it, soldering, and messing with u-boot etc.) isn't really recommended for the average user, but only for the really adventurous. (And I admit I wouldn't do it either).

I'd personally love it if everyone with the appropriate skills went for 2) BTW, you don't even necessarily need a PW, because the official 5.3.0 update contains the entire filesystem, which can be easily extracted from the .bin and mounted on the computer. But of course, actually having a device to try the ideas out is much easier than "zen cracking" (i.e., only analyzing dead code).

Last edited by ixtab; 11-22-2012 at 03:43 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote