View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #25
jsh1120
Connoisseur
jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
I'm sure there are some with bad screens, but part of the problem may be too many high expectations. I think some may have been expecting or hoping for something comparable to a backlit LCD screen. I was just expecting something better than the nook.
Bingo! It's difficult to determine whether some folks have received defective units. That wouldn't be surprising in initial production runs. But it's clear that most of the complaints on the Amazon boards are coming from people who want the same performance as a fully illuminated backlit screen without the downside.

Speaking personally, I find the PaperWhite a marvel of good engineering and design even if Amazon engineers were unable to repeal the laws of physics.
jsh1120 is offline   Reply With Quote