View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 03:37 AM   #7
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
well, it looks nice enough.

It really looks better with the covers as without. And the attractivity of the Nook lies very much in its design, so seeing the covers in colour is really a plus. Plus, I for myself have a photographic memory, which means I'll remember the story of a book if I see the cover, not so much if I read the title.

Softrooting enables you to get your Calibre books via WiFi, doesn't it? If so, it is a must... I love that possibility with Stanza on my iphone.
Here you see, what you can get: http://nookdevs.com/Softroot
I've tried:
- NookLibrary:
Allows to sort by "most recent" (sideloaded books, not purchased from B&N). Nice, but I can live without it.
Enables cover flow. Quality is what you see on my pic above. I'll only use it if I find a trick for way better quality.
- Pandora:
Would have been interesting. But I couldn't make it work. Maybe it's only working via 3G? Always got error message.
- nookBrowser:
Works flawlessly. But surfing on eInk? No need for me.
- Trook:
Download from Stanza catalogs or feeds.
I've tried "Spiegel", working great.

Right now, I'm deinstalling it again. Nice to fool around, but actually I don't need any of it. I guess I'll keep using my UMPC for those demands. And iPad in 2 months.

Last edited by mgmueller; 02-07-2010 at 08:54 AM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote