View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 11:07 PM   #62
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a try. For the first book, I just started the conversion on page 3 to bypass the first couple of advertising pages. I'll see how well going to html first does.
Try using the 'debug' empty file method and choosing .prc as an output format. This way the .opf file will be left behind, which then can easily be loaded into Mobipocket Creator. There you can can re-build it (without those ad pages ).

Quote:
I did try it on another document, a game guide with lots of text per page. It converted well, but the resulting type was too small for my tired old eyes to read without effort.

Carl
Make sure you choose a landscape Profile (ones without the '-p' suffix) as this will magnify the text a bit. If you're using portrait mode, then the text will usually come out too small to read comfortably. Experimentation is the key!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote