View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 09:40 PM   #1495
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguigui View Post
Hello,

I'm having a slight problem: each time I plug my Kobo into my computer and sync it with Calibre, a few books I've read several months ago keep being added to my read list on Goodread, so it looks like I've read them a dozen times by now. I haven't opened those books since I've finished them.

Is there a way to fix that issue?
The only way that would work is if you have the Kobo Utilities plugin installed and it is fetching the reading status from the device. This has an option to call the progress update function of the Goodreads Sync to update the status on GR. If this is happening, you should be seeing a dialog from both plugins (though there was request to allow skipping the KU plugins dialog and I forget if I implemented that).

The most likely thing is that you have the Kobo Utilities status configured to fetch the status for all books. If you change it to only fetch the status for unfinished and recent changes (the options are called "Not if finished in library" and "Only if more recent") it should fix this. If that isn't the case, then I need to see a debug log from calibre to work out what is happening.

And, for both the plugins, if you cancel the dialogs, no updates will happen.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote