Thread: ebooks for Kobo
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 10:00 AM   #21
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparrowsFoot View Post
In the end I decided to refund my pre purchased Kobo and invest a few more dollars in the Sony PRS 600, I feel really good about that decision and can hardly wait till its delivered! I bought it from B&H Video, hopefully it will be here soon and I can have a play around with it and get all sorts of advice from ya'll!
Sally:

Every title you can purchase for the Sony reader will play on the Kobo. In Canada, the Sony PRS 600 is about twice the price of the Kobo (and has more capability than the Kobo). But Kobo's appeal is its very light weight and simple design. For just reading it's just fine -- why pay more?

I'm not sure who started the nonsense about "2 million books" but I strongly suspect Sony's marketing types. As Karen_nz stated, it's a crock. The VAST majority of those "2 million books" are public domain books anyone has access to. They have been scanned and converted to text, without editing, via OCR -- with horrible results. Really, Sony (who continue to make the claim) and others ought to be ashamed of themselves.

While there are variations of titles on a Kobo or a Kindle -- Amazon almost certainly has the richest, broadest content -- there is lots to read on either platform without needing to resort of format conversion.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote