View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 02:32 PM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf2010 View Post
Irex has post is its web page that the Irex will be available in Europe next week, the 18 January. No news for USA

http://www.irextechnologies.com/abou..._Reader_DR800S

But the price is 499 € !!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is 723 $ with the current exchange !!!!!!!!!!

That's really far from the 399 $ price they have promised !!
Just have ordered mine.
I don't know about the promise you mention.
But the price to me makes sense:
- iRex iLiad is € 549 respectively € 599.
- Kindle DX is $ 489, even was more expensive before the introduction of international Kindle. And it has less features.
- Sony 900 is $ 399. Has got less capable touchscreen (WACOM vs. touch) and smaller display.
I don't have any problems at all with the price and would purchase any iRex unit in an instance without hesitation. (Still love my iLiad. Love 1000S as well, but it's simply too bulky for my needs).
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote