View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 12:10 PM   #26916
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Well, Wonder wasn't really wonderful. OK, but no better. I'd say 3 stars at best. I didn't want to abandon it, but it was close. This trilogy really didn't live up to the promise of the first book.

Next up, Devices and Desires, the 8th Adam Dalgliesh book from P.D. James. This, at least, I know I can count on!
Still reading Devices and Desires on audio, but meanwhile I read E. R. Braithwaite's To Sir With Love. The movie was very closely based on the book, and it was a pleasure to revisit it. But also a bit of a downer, seeing so many of the issues that Braithwaite dealt with still a major problem.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote