View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 01:54 AM   #15
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
that s correct - they are "rented", technically. but take the troubel to learn how to use the tools to convert them as a one off to unprotected books then you can safely burn copies to media or write to disk and they will work next time you change PC
the smart workflow is buy - download - immediately remove protection - save unprotecedd copies to archive(s) ... then you are safe no matter what amazon may do. even if you upset them badly enough to lose your account, those previous purchases .
are safely in your hands
I also convert the unprotected books to epub and safe that also, so you can use any make of e-reader
you may also be able to get a copy of your entire calibre library into dropbox, google drive etc for free, depends how big it is. i trimmed mine to under 2Gb so that I could do that, by taking a hard line on what I was realistically ever likely to want to read again this lifetime
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote