View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 06:46 PM   #39
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 4 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordP View Post
I'll throw in my two cents.

Yes, we can read ebooks on all sorts of devices, but we can't do so comfortably.

Having said that, I'm actually going away from e-readers, I've owned three Kobos and on all of them I've eventually had problems with the micro USB port and charging becomes a challenge. I'm sick of that and refuse to keep buying these devices. I had Kindles in the past, and I remember having issues with at least one of them too.

Before I get slammed about being rough with the devices - I've never once had issues with phones or other micro USB devices.

I recently bought a Microsoft Surface Pro and I'm super happy with it - not so much with the e-book programs, but it is what it is.

I'm just about to retire and mobility/weight is not the requirement it once was so that's one less reason to depend on e-readers. Freedom!!

The only drawback I've encountered is that a Surface Pro is a real challenge to use when reading in bed. It's damn near impossible.
I have been reading on my Surface Pro for a little over three years now and love it. I have Calibre installed and use the Calibre ebook viewer for reading. Why is it impossible for you to read in bed using the Surface Pro? I read in bed every night with mine. I do have a temperpedic mattress that raises up. If I do not want to hold it I can pop out the stand and set it on my legs.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote