View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 12:34 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
One problem in the original book club is that we've gotten some books nominated and then it's pointed out that the book is not appropriate and the answer is that the voting will sort that out. This to me is a turn off. If a book is not appropriate for the category, then it needs to be removed from the nominations.

Another thing I find a problem is allowing books in a series to be nominated that are not the first book if the club has not read all the previous books. An example is the December nominations. The Book of Dust, Volume One, La Belle Sauvage was nominated and it's the 4th book in a series. It's not a good idea to read it if you've not read the other three.

And finally, the problem of people voting and not reading and then I find the winning book not one I'll read but the second place book I might have read. So if the votes where the voter isn't planning on reading stopped, then the results would be more accurate and you'd know at least how many would be participating.

Last edited by JSWolf; 11-20-2017 at 12:47 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote