View Single Post
Old 12-01-2023, 09:59 AM   #7
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paredon View Post
I'm using Kindle for Mac Version 1.4.
I assume that you mean version 1.40. That is the old Kindle for Mac app. Amazon now refers to it as Kindle Classic and has stated that it will receive no further updates. The new Kindle for Mac app can be found here.

You will need the newer app if you want to read books delivered using send-to-kindle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paredon View Post
Nevermind, I found it at https://www.amazon.com/sendtokindle

However, the maximum file size it accepts is 200 MB. My book is twice that big.
It is hard to give further advice without knowing what you are trying to achieve. If you are just trying to read a book on your Mac then I would suggest using some other software instead of Kindle for Mac, such as the e-book reader included in calibre. If you are trying to preview a book that you intend to sell on Amazon then I would suggest using Amazon's Kindle Previewer software and also reducing the file size of your book so that you can use send-to-kindle.

Last edited by jhowell; 12-01-2023 at 10:02 AM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote