View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 04:27 PM   #10
lbschenkel
Enthusiast
lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: Kobo Aura 1, Kindle DXG, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But if it's not a Kindle eBook, it won't have an ASIN. So the plugin only works with Kindle eBooks unless you can get it to try by name if there's no ASIN.
I'm not sure why you're insisting on this point. I created the plug-in for my own use, first and foremost, and the vast majority of my books on my library are *not* bought from Amazon and I'm using the plug-in every day to fetch covers for all my non-Amazon books. As I explained before, if when you organize the books in your library you add an 'amazon' or 'asin' identifier for the equivalent Kindle edition in the ID field of the Edit Metadata dialog then the plug-in will be able to download the high-resolution covers.

In case you don't buy books from Amazon, nor you organize your library in this way, nor you feel like doing so, then you're not the audience I originally had in mind and the the plug-in will be useless for you, indeed.

Last edited by lbschenkel; 06-01-2017 at 04:36 PM. Reason: typo
lbschenkel is offline   Reply With Quote