View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 10:51 AM   #3
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
A kindle DX should not be able to make your fluorescent lamps flash unless it is drawing a lot of power, and that is likely to melt your USB cable. ... A DX does not have any fluorescent lights of its own.
No, it shouldn't, and it doesn't.

I was just saying that the flourescent lamps do flash at a couple Hertz, especially when turning them on and off. They have always flashed. I know some people have suggested that they shouldn't flash, and that if they do, it implies bad wiring in the apartment.

Quote:
Replacing the battery should work in the case of a (regularly) flashing power LED. If it is irregular flickering, it might be a flaky USB cable OR a flaky USB jack on the kindle. Propping the cable at an angle might help make a better connection while inserted in this case.
And the Usb connection's also stuttering at a similar frequency, so I can't transfer files. It's probably the connection.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote