View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 12:29 AM   #71
johnnydarko
johnnydarko began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
This is a known issue. You probably have not made any errors.

The nickel.yaml patch you're talking about, Custom new header/footer font, can change the header/footer font and almost certainly has. The problem is that, unfortunately, it can only change the font-family for the left-hand side of the header & footer, i.e. chapter name & book title - not the right-hand side 'page x of y' text which is hard-coded to Avenir somewhere in the firmware that isn't accessible to a nickel.yaml patch.
Thank you so much for that explanation! I had been using 4.15 until just a few days ago, and I know that a LOT has changed under the hood regarding headers and footers since that release. (I was definitely able to make the page numbers any font of my choosing in 4.15 -- with the help of the patches, of course!)

I will consider if it's important enough for me to have my page numbers "match" my book text, and in the process sacrificing the Avenir used throughout the system. I HAVE worked with FontForge on my Mac before, so I think I could jump through the hoops to get it done. I will mull this over. And thank you, again, for your valuable input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Ah, so that's why it wouldn't work before for me unless I put a copy of Georgia font into my fonts directory on the reader where all my custom fonts were. I could never figure that one out.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm just glad it's working for me.
Yes, when I saw your screenshot, I literally said "HOW?" out loud. I guess we now know, thanks to jackie_w.
johnnydarko is offline   Reply With Quote