View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 05:13 PM   #15
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
I can't. Battery life is the one thing--but 10 hours is plenty for most as long as they don't mind plugging it in every night or two.

I'm no lover of the iPad for a variety of reasons--so I'm not an Apple fanboy or anything. On the contrary, I really don't like Apple's business practices much etc.

But there's no way I'd personally buy a large screen e-ink device after playing around with my girlfriend's iPad.

I want a large screen tablet (ideally 12" or so) for reading letter sized PDFs etc.--but I don't need/want one bad enough to shellout $500+ for a device that can ONLY do that with an e-ink screen.

I personally want a multimedia tablet that I can do my work reading on, but also surf the net and all that other stuff etc. And from your post it sounds like you're in the same boat, so ditch the DX and get an iPad and/or wait and see what happens with the Google tablet and other Android and WebOS tablets in the pipeline if you don't need it right now.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote