View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #18
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
When doing conversions I find myself spending more and more time just doing everything in regex. Getting a bit too good at it really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I wish chapter headers were more consistently tagged, but I also understand why they're oftentimes not.
Yeah, it doesnt help that a lot of tools that use automatic tidying break completely valid markup, for chapter markers and part/book pages I generally just use a single h2 tag, throw in a line break, horizontal row and the rest - looks perfect on everything, even converts to mobi without trouble. However every now and then I'll tidy and prettyprint... forgetting. Next thing I know there's 3 h2's, empty paragraphs, styled hr's and a whole load of spans and inline css - urgh

But anyway, I'd suggest anyone that does conversion from sites/pdf/poor formats in general should get hold of the terribly-badly-named RegexBuddy - makes life a whole lot easier; I guess there might be a free/OSS tool similar, but last I looked they were pretty lacking.
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote