View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 06:12 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Choosing NOT to download Freebies Just Because They're Free

I think most of us addicted to reading and to reading with ebook Readers (ebookieuses to you!), now realize that we can pick-and-choose when it comes to the freebies.

Only about one year ago, I downloaded practically everything, because it was FREE!

Now, with so many publishers offering freebies on a regular basis, I find myself grunting noncommittally and moving on, choosing rather to ignore the fat historical fiction or the [yet!] seemingly endless stream of free Christian fiction titles that inundate my consciousness with their tasteless covers and horrid prose and sledge-hammer message - (not that there's anything wrong with poorly written books! Even [GASP!] horror, Sci-Fi, Mystery, et al can be horribly written.)

There's been an explosion of ebook Readers and a wider acceptance of their marketability as a viable alternative to paper books. I believe they've finally hit the mainstream.

What think YOU, "Oh Wise MobileRead Articulator of Inestimable Opinion"?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote