View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 05:33 AM   #15
Gudy
Wizard
Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gudy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (623)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
We've seen things like this pop up periodically in the iPhone world. So far, each of the cases like this -- the ones that are obviously bone-headedly stupid! -- have been resolved when someone higher up at Apple over-rules the less-than-sensible person who produced the original rejection.

[...]

I predict much the same outcome this time, too. Of course, first Apple will look like idiots, and will be excoriated by all the folks who love to do so. Then someone sensible will fix the problem, but that will be given far less play in the press (and blogs!) than the original problem was. This latter is not unique to Apple, by the way; it's the normal pattern of public attention to any such issue.
And that's the way it should be. If a certain purveyor of goods, digital or otherwise, is chronically prone to bouts of abject and gross stupidity, I want to know about it, so I can avoid them like the plague or otherwise factor in that stupidity when doing business with them. The fact that some of their staff are sensible people means far less in that regard, especially if there aren't enough of those to keep the stupid ones in check.

Besides, these episodes nicely refresh my memory regarding any policies about content those censoring bastards decide is too dangerous for my fragile mind, regardless of my own opinion on the matter.
Gudy is offline   Reply With Quote