View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 12:54 AM   #101
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I am extremely anal when it comes to reading books in order if they are part of a series, as The Daughter of Time is. Are the Inspector Grant books connected in any way beyond having the same protagonist? Any internal references to previous cases at all?

The operative words here are extremely anal.
I'm a bit like that too. However, I think as Charlie says this one can stand alone quite easily as dealing with a mystery from the past. There are characters who do appear in walk-on roles in various books, but again, Tey says who they are and it doesn't require any prior knowledge of them, as each book is a separate mystery. Grant himself has more of a walk-on role in The Franchise Affair - other characters take centre stage in that one.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote