View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 12:11 AM   #17
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Well, if you are going to update the kernel in a package, you need that to move the kernel modules from system image to system image.

VMware? Rich man.
I have finished my attempts at updating the rootfs.img file, and unfortunately it does not appear to be possible right now.

The log from performing an update gives this information:
Code:
<4>[   50.353976] INFO:bundle/unbundle_wario.c:1947:unbundle_file():RootFS:Present siglen=256 sigpassed=NO
So in the FB02 ( factory style ) update packages, each individual file is still signed. And we woudl need to production key to get past that.

At this point, I am looking for a volunteer to test the following on a Manga Model kindle that has not done any updates past 5.8.7 ( or is fresh out of the box with 5.8.9.0.1 )

I have a franken-update containing the following items.

1. A Properly signed 5.8.7 uBoot ( uBoot is where the previous PW3-32gb bricks whose threads I have been on were located )
  • PW3-32 support was added in 5.8.5 - that version has some unuasual features so I went up to 5.8.7 which should also fully support pw3-32
2. A Properly signed 5.8.7 uImage ( Linux kernel )
3. A properly signed linux file system from PW3-4gb 5.7.4 ( the one that we can jailbreak )

I recognize that it is a bad idea to mismatch the uImage kernel and the kernel modules living in the filesystem, but based on my experiences, I believe that it would function well enough to allow a user to run the jailbreak, hotfix, and then update to the real 5.8.7 getting everything matched back up.

Last edited by coplate; 08-05-2017 at 12:16 AM.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote