View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 06:59 PM   #64
sbaylor
Addict
sbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beautysbaylor does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: iPad, iPad mini, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by romad View Post
I'm following your recommendation and using PC Upload to get my ePubs into MR. However, your first answer to Thomas above leads me to conclude that if I upload an ePub but later I have to make a slight change in the metadata and upload it again, MR does NOT overwrite the previous uploaded file but installs the new version in addition so I'll end up with two ePub files of the same book. Am I understanding it correctly?
I think calibre no longer overwrties (at least by default) the original EPUB file when you change its metadata within calibre. Thus, if you transfer the file via PC Upload again, you'll get a duplicated status in the PC Upload View, implying that there is still only one copy of the same EPUB file.

Last edited by sbaylor; 09-15-2016 at 07:41 PM. Reason: fixed typo
sbaylor is offline   Reply With Quote