View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #6
pablob
Connoisseur
pablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheese

Device: OnyxBook M96, enTourage Pocket eDGe (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixblackcat View Post
I'm just using the OS that came on it, although I got it used. I believe the previous owner just did a factory reset.

I was using dxTop-Pro, which I got when it was the free app of the day:
http://www.amazon.com/Access-Lane-In.../dp/B004DLNBDA
The trouble is, although that had been working great for quite a while (I got it in August), that's what's causing the forced close loop now, and now can't get to the regular home screen, since dxTop is set as the default action when pressing the home button.

Is there really no safe mode on this thing? It seems like there is for Android in general. That's what I'd really like to do -- get into a safe mode and get rid of dxTop.

Or, is there some way I can bypass the default home action and get into the built-in home screen? If I'm quick enough, I may be able to press the right thing in between iterations of the forced-close loop and get into the regular home screen that way, so I can then access the tools and get rid of dxTop.
I don't know of any way to get a "safe mode" in this device (it is my only Android one, so I have no idea of what is customary in other Android devices).

Somebody in the forum found that booting with Menu+home resets the PE to its factory state. I can't confirm that, but it sounds plausible. That should get rid of your loop, but at the cost of losing your content (and possibly apps). You can also use any kind of golden update (Dingo, Ermine or Allmine) and that should also fix the loop and also lose your content and apps.

Maybe you can use adb to delete the application, even though the interface is looping. Have you tried that? What version of the system are you using?
pablob is offline   Reply With Quote