View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by exaltedwombat View Post
Not sure what "hinky" means? S & R in itself probably isn't the problem. But it tends to do EXACTLY what you tell it to! Never forget it acts on the HTML, not just the text. I would always do a few individual S & R operations before committing to a Replace All. Even then, Save before and check immediately afterwards.
I have frequently seen S&R skip (on the find) some matches. If you do a second pass, it now finds them.

It could be something hinky with my pretty-basic pattern , but I have also seen this happen with a long standing, saved search.

It has been a Long-ago time (~V4) since I have seen code just disappear (no S&R). Then the code usually had WEB page (java) artifacts or major code problems.
You might W3C validate BEFORE you let Sigil touch unproven code.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote