View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 05:02 AM   #1
tsolignani
Zealot
tsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: iPad
search books into iBooks with metadata?

I keep my epubs into iBooks on both iPhone and iPad. I do not like to use collections, I just prefer to keep all of them into the same «books» basic collection.

I would have liked to search books (I mean: search books, not inside a book, the outer search you perform when you do not have a book open for reading and you have to look for a book or some) per metadata, tipically the DC:SUBJECT one, which are the tags of the book.

But to my dismay if I insert a tag metadata into an epub, iBooks does not seem to search amongst them.

Is that correct? If it is I wonder where the outer search look for, just the book's title and author?

As a workaround, I could insert tags into the book's title, but then when I, say, have to add a new tag for a book, I am going to lose my highlighting and notes, for iBooks refer every user generated note to the books't title (or at least that's what I understood so far).

Any better workaround, idea?

Thank you.

–
cordialmente,

[Promotion deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-07-2014 at 11:08 AM.
tsolignani is offline   Reply With Quote