View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #38
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Mrs_Often,

If I've offended you, or any forum regulars, my apologies, but I, like most folks, have buttons that occasionally get pushed. When someone comes into a forum, working for a manufacturer and expresses that consumers shouldn't be expressing our displeasure at the expense of the company causing a great deal of aggravation to their own consumers, it sort of whacks the big red button at the top of the pile. This is not how business and user forums work. We paid our money, we have a right to express our opinions. If they want better feedback, do better. That's the way it works. Don't dare whine about negative impact, do better.

I love my Touch and my Glo, they are great, if slightly to moderately at times flawed, products in terms of software, but I refuse to act like a fanboy. Leave that for the near iluddites that buy iEverything because it's made by iApple.

I'm terribly sorry if any Kobo employees are experiencing psychic distress because consumers find fault with their work or that of their colleagues, but that should be all the more motivation to resolve those issues that they might bask in the Glo of our never-ending praise.(yeah, Glo not Glow, had to leave that in) I think folks are pretty even handed around here about dishing out equal praise for what we do like -much more so than in a lot of forums where it is predominately negative because people go online to solve problems moreso than gush empty praise.

I think some of you flower children need to consider that peace and love and positive thinking do not plow the fields, till the soil, or weed the garden. The forum members here, in many cases, offer advice superior to Kobo's own tech support. Kobo has things they need to work on and we will not do them, ourselves, or potential customers any service by ignoring their shortcomings. This is business, not mentoring, teaching, or raising one's children.

I am not generally, a cold, harsh or difficult person, I will go far out of my way in my work or socially to help others, but I draw the line at a company's representative stating, or even implying that, we the consumers -and often the ad hoc tech department, should be careful of what we say about a product or development team because of the negative impact it may have on them. Get real and do your jobs and we will have nothing about which to carp.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote