View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #49
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Well, my attempts to just get a discussion started on that topic has fallen onto deaf ears here in the past.

So let my modify my prior proposals a bit - - -
Instead of asking for all volunteer developers, why not try paying them?

Define a KickStarter.com project to replace this Amazon {censored} with something 100% open source (kTizen or whatever).
**AND** do not do it the way the Chinese do, make the sources available.
The K5 hacking wiki shows that yifanlu strongly suggested that "somebody" put android OS on the kindle, quite some time ago.

For a starter, perhaps we could just start with a 5.3.0 image and strip all all proprietary stuff. I have working touchscreen and eink code (the "geekmaster signature capture" script). We could get USB networking up first, then a SIMPLE GUI up, and go from their.

I like development that progresses with "baby steps". Not only do you get quick (almost interactive) feedback, but you can actually share all those little milestones without a massive interdependent "all or nothing" framework in-progress for aeons, with few who understand it...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote