View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 01:05 PM   #4
gadgetguru
Addict
gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.gadgetguru got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Tungsten T5
But it said that the CD will install drivers without your permission... shouldn't someone sue them for doing that? And why penalize the one who bought the CD and pay them.... and even those who makes copies of the Cds they bought, it is only a small percentage of the end-users, and the majority get penalized with crazy DRM technologies...

and that poor coding, leading to performance hit is something else, you just play a CD, and your Pc will take a hit forever? At the very least, it should have a built-in uninstaller (not something you will have to write them for). After all, you can't copy the disc and everytime, you insert it, it will install something (presuming your PC doesn't have that rootkit yet), then why not an uninstall routine?

Makes me wanna get a Mac... Wonder if Mac on Wintel (next year) will mean that these crazy DRM will carry over... nowadays I believe Macs can rip any copy-protected CDs without problems... I paid for my CDs so why shouldn't I use them anyway I want, afterall, I am not sharing it with anyone but myself...

These are the things that will drive those who have reformed (previous Napster addicts) who gone legit back to P2P...
gadgetguru is offline   Reply With Quote