View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 06:14 PM   #11
Statch
Connoisseur
Statch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it isStatch knows what time it is

Device: Kindle PW2, Samsung Galaxy 3, Kindle Fire HD
Just in case anyone is interested in this topic, I did try my Cuecat scanner with the Calibre 'add book by ISBN' feature. Unfortunately, the Cuecat has an encrypted output, and Calibre apparently doesn't read it. (I had used it in the past with LibraryThing, but they sell them so can decrypt the output. The Cuecat is a really old barcode scanner; there's no reason for Calibre to support the decryption.)

I've decided that since I already have a spreadsheet with the print book titles (but unfortunately not the ISBNs), it's almost as fast to add a bunch of 'unknown' books to the database, copy and paste the titles in one at a time, and update the metadata from there. I've done 40 so far while watching TV...no big deal. I'll be happy to be done with the separate spreadsheet.
Statch is offline   Reply With Quote