View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 08:25 AM   #9
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell View Post

So here are the questions for you technical book readers:
* What kind of device do you read the technical e-books on?
* What original formats do you use, and how do you prepare/convert them?
* Are you happy with your solution? What would be better?
* Does your solution require perfect eyesight?
* Have you given up and decided to read the paper versions for now?

Let us know your failures and successes, but if you have a plan that works, be sure to share!
1. PC or Tablet depending on where I want to read them (in my office or in bed) - tried to use my devices but even if I could make them readable, the small screen and poorer navigation made it not worth the bother
2. Pdf/Djvu - take them as they come
3. Acceptable; cannot think of better to deal with formulas (I read mostly math or physics books)
4. Not particularly; anyway I spend my working day in front of 5 monitors, so reading on them is not a problem with eyesight, it's a problem of convenience
5. I occcasionally read the paper version because of better navigation, but I am ok with the pc reading too and I do not feel the need to print things out often
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote