View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 05:59 PM   #108
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW 1, 2, and 3, Voyage, Oasis 2, Kindle Fire, Kobo Aura HD, Onyx Lynx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
About a year back, I tried a couple of the if you like this author, here's others you may like sites. I will admit that some of the results weren't bad but I also got quite a few authors being recommended that weren't even in the same time zone, well, genre. How did I get from science fiction with an emphasis on the hard science variant to shapeshifter fantasy/romances. How did Hal Clement connect to Shelley Laurenston? That's the only odd pairing I can remember but there were several in that line.
Probably from people like me who read in all different genres. Sorry...I just went from John D. MacDonald to Madeleine L'Engle to a biography of Jimmy Buffet. I'm thinking of re-reading the Honor Harrington books again next. Last month I re-read some early Heinlein. I'm sure I'm not the only person who reads like this, and most of those "if you like this, then you may like this" sites go by what people read.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote