View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 08:42 AM   #1
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Weird Formatting Issues, Extra Spaces

I recently bought a copy of some translated Japanese books made by Kodansha. The book isn't actually in Japanese, but it looks like it uses Kodansha's stylesheets and so forth, and it's doing some weird things when I send it to an ebook reader. It looks completely normal in Calibre or Sigil, but when I send it to my Kobo or my Bookeen Diva, there's a giant space after every apostrophe and some letters will just disappear.

I've cleaned out several thousand unused styles and I can't find anything in them that I would expect to cause this. The encoding is UTF-8, just like the ebooks I make myself. Can anybody tell me what the source of this problem might be?
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote