View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 10:56 PM   #11
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I finally finished this book. It's one of my favorite books so far this year. I think the word beautiful sums it up. Beautiful writing, beautiful story. There were a lot of layers and emotions to the story even though the writing was so "nicely descriptive and calm" as Deskisamess described it.

I enjoyed the development of the relationships between the characters. It was both a coming of age story and a story of older people coming to terms with their past and future. It was not without pain and grief, but it emphasized healing and growing. I loved the integration of the gardens into that process.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote