View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 01:19 PM   #2
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
I know Starbucks is under fire for the same thing (not wanting their employees to wear T-shirts or symbols expressing support, or anti-support, for BLM or other political statements.) Now they are being boycotted

I do miss the thought that businesses could choose to be neutral if they didn't want to stir feathers in either direction and just focus on, well, their business.

I support BLM, don't get me wrong, and I support protests. I'm uncomfortable with our societal trend of boycotting for political disagreements. I remember reading restaurants were banning customers they knew were Pro-Trump, or vice versa - since when is that okay and legal? To me this is similar. If they do not want to get involved in the current protests, does that mean boycotts, threats, or potential fires/lobby damage?
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote