View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 09:28 AM   #9
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeMonkey View Post
Add
Quote:
echo $dev_name > /device.txt
after that and flash the firmware again it will put the device.txt file on the sd card you're using and you can read it from there.
Very good suggestion, will try as soon as I have time to do so.

Quote:
Though you could break it accidentally, so if you do, be careful.
Well, that risk always exists.
As long as the hardware survives, I'm confident, though. I've reflashed the firmware several times now (I tried to skin it, didn't work. Didn't respond even. So I reinstalled the firmware.).
This Cool-Er firmware (which includes the whole OS) seems to be like the elixier of life for (at least my) EB600.
Let's hope it doesn't fail me one day.

[edit]Well, it worked. So my eBook is an EB600E .
Anyone know what exactly that means?

Last edited by Cyberman tM; 12-17-2009 at 12:38 PM.