View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 07:24 PM   #10
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
With your reading habits, you should try a NYPL card. For $100 you would definitely get your money worth.
I keep count of pdf's and prc's and there are about 10200 pdf's and 5700+ prc's at e-NYPL as of today; now most prc's are available as pdf's and many of the rest of pdf's are study guides and such, so the true number of "books" is not as high, but still a great selection all in all.

12 books limit and indeed you could return pdf's early as well as put holds (email notification) on titles that are "lent out" in your favorite format.

They have tons of audiobooks, but those do not interest me so I did not check how many...

If you know anyone living in NY State, he/she is eligible for a card as far as I know. You do not need to live in the City and with e-books there is no overdue fine...

FAQ on NYPL cards:

"A Branch Libraries' card is free to anyone who lives, works, pays property taxes, or attends school in New York State. Others may apply, with payment of a $100 annual fee, for a nonresident library card."

Edit later:

Oops there are 5171 Mobipocket books not 5700+ and 12090 Adobe books

Last edited by Liviu_5; 03-05-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote