View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 01:49 AM   #27
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I haven't tried it yet (my daughter has my ebw1150), but does it (or could it) pipe non-DRM versions of other format books through a converter to IMP so those could be downloaded through this system as well? I'm thinking of Gutenberg books, and possibly even CBZ.
Yes, that can be done. All that would need to be done is write a plugin which intercepts the URL or format, do the conversion (via calling impmake on the command line) and return the converted book. That's one of the main reasons I built the plugin system

However, eBook Publisher is still very particular about the HTML it gets and crashes on invalid HTML (which is out there a lot) so that'd have to be run through HTML Tidy + doing misc cleanup on it.

Let me know what kind of conversion you envisage, and I can (attempt) to write the plugin or you can do it yourself, if you want ...
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote