View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 02:24 AM   #65
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
While we're sharing anecdotes:

Bought a Kindle 3 in November 2010. Used it for two years, carried daily in my backpack, bike panniers, kayak dry bags, etc with only the Amazon lighted leather case to protect it. During that time I once left it on the train and whoever first found my bag broke the metal tabs holding it into the case and deformed the slots pulling on it. It was returned to me thanks to the screensaver hack, I'd put on images with my Google Voice number and email address. Took the back off and hooked some wirewrap wire to the contacts and connected it to the case to keep the light working and used SakDab clips to hold it in. Used it for another year and then gave it to my 10 year old son who has now carried it around since I upgraded to the Paperwhite on the day it was released. In our family we have 7 ereaders, 4 used very heavily and carried everywhere, not a single one has broken.

Make of it what you will, but they're obviously not junk.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote