View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 04:08 PM   #3
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post

(1) Is there Software to merge 200-400 jpgs into a single PDF file. PDFRead 1.8.2 sounded perfect but it doesn't say it outputs to PDF

(2) Is there a better solution for what I am trying to do that I have overlooked? I am a student on a budget. The Opticbook 360 was a little too expensive and the driver issues people had and slow speed turned me off. I cannot afford a $300 paperweight! $49 for Snapter was a fair price as it did everything from start to finish.

And two bonus questions:

(3) Is there a mobile reader that will display graphic based PDFs? If I am going to go to the work of converting my books to PDFs, is there a mobile reader that will work ok with PDFs of books that are scanned graphics?

(4) Does the commercial Adobe Acrobat mimic Google Books and Amazon in allowing you to OCR a book "in the background" and read the graphic but search the hidden text? I ask because my books have a lot of mixed languages (theology) and I cannot have errors via OCR. But being able to search on an as needed basis would be cool.

Thanks for everyone's time Maybe someone else who has had the same hurdles has a far better solution for me!

Joshua
(1) Fast Stone Viewer. It's free, and it does an excellent job.
(2) Maybe you can script Gimp and save those 49, also...
(3) Archos does, and maybe some linux-based devices also. Every e-ink reader will, but they're definitely out of budget.
(4) I don't know, sorry.
Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote