View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 06:46 AM   #12
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
The Apple iPhone X has a very distinctive (but imho ugly) notch. If that's the type of visual differentiation we'll see, I'd rather stick to boring.

I don't think I'd like to see them go completely bezel-less either. Given e-readers tend to be wider and heavier than phones, the bezels serve as palm rest when holding.
That iPhone X notch is a case of function over form. For now, all those cameras that do facial recognition require the landscape.

I'm not thinking bezel-less. You're right. The bezels give us a place to hold. But do they all have to be boring?
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote