View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredlave View Post
Liliputing.com has an article about installing CM 10 on an SD card to bring Android 4.1 to the Nook Color without rooting internal memory. The article links to XDA-Developers at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1941858 which is a How-to.
My question is: Will this work on my 8GB Nook Tablet? The original article on Liliputing and the one on XDA doesn't mention this.
I had CM9 running for a while on the EMMC of the NookColor and it became too slow, so I went back to CM7. Also some features were not working; but by all means, give it a try on the SD (you've got nothing to lose) and see what you think of it - CM10 may be better than CM9 was.

On the other hand, I have CM10 running on the NookTablet and that's a totally different ballpark. It is still alpha, but it is so much better than CM9 was on the Color, the dual-core CPU, double RAM and all the goodies baked into JB make a big difference.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote