View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 07:57 PM   #14
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygreen2031 View Post
Hey guys, so I've got a Sony E-Reader PRS-T2 and I love it. I've got Evernote setup on it so I can now upload the quotes I wish to keep and upload it to Evernote.
Now that I've got my PRS-T2 setup the way I want it, I want to know the best way for my brain to take in new information. I really want to start reading a lot of the E-Books I've been collecting. I thought this forum would be the best place to ask for help in this matter.

So, I just want to know how you set yourself up for your reading sessions. How do you get in the mood to read for long periods? Do you read in bed or do you read outside? Do you drink tea or eat toast while you read? Do you read when you wake up or before you fall asleep? How do you prime your brain for a lengthy reading session?

I'd really appreciate any help.
Thank you!
1- Get comfortable.
2- Minimize distractions.
3- Start reading.

It is up to you to define "comfortable" and decide what a distraction-free environment is like. Some people prefer total silence, some prefer relaxing music or white noise.

Distraction-free is why many people prefer dedicated readers to tablets or phones.

The last and most important element is finding books you like. Most people have a preferred genre they return to over and over. For some it is mysteries or fantasies or biographies or military non-fiction or romance or Science Fiction.

Depending on which genre speaks to you is where you'll find your reads.
Plenty of folks around here can steer you to good sources once you decide what you like or think you might like.

My own preferences run to SF.
A good starter source for that is the BAEN FREE LIBRARY.
https://www.baen.com/allbooks/catego...ted_at&dir=ASC

Four good starting points there are:

Boundary
With the Lightnings
On Basilisk Station

There are lots of free ebooks to be found at Project Gutenberg , Feedbooks, and other sites. If you have hacked the T2 and installed the Kindle reader you'll have access to the Kindle Unlimited subscription service as well as the Kindle store.

If you think you might like classic adventure stories, you may want to go to feedbooks or gutenberg and look up Edgar Rice Burroughs, Jules Verne, Mark Twain, Anthony Hope, among others.

It can be a fun hobby but it takes some time to figure out how your tastes run.

Good luck.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote