Thread: Holly Black
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 02:27 AM   #7
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
The characterisation does seem rather explicit - perhaps related to the author's more usual stomping ground of YA.
The book I'm quoting from is YA And while the characterisation is explicit, it isn't necessarily completely true -- there are reasons why the protagonist goes to some pains to try to convince the reader that he's a bad person.

The dividing line between YA and books aimed at adults seem pretty murky to me, by the way. Frankly, I often can't tell if a book is YA or not without checking the publisher's categorization.
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote