View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I wonder how libraries choose Overdrive books

I wonder how our local public library decides what books to get from Overdrive each month. Our library seems to have a very schizophrenic buying personality. Awhile ago, ALL the Grishams showed up in one go. Lately there has been a lot of young adult vampire stuff (and I have held off on buying the new Sookie Stackhouse book because I am sure they will get it). And today I checked again, there are three new books and all of them are about Provence. I sent them an email asking for Stephen King and Terry Pratchett; we'll see. But right now it seems like aside from a fixation for all books vampire (they are fairly consistent about stocking that sort of book) it seems very eclectic. Vampires, Grisham and Provence? That just seems so random. At every place I have ever worked, most people didn't 'get' the techie stuff and the people in charge of it were pretty much in their own little world. It amuses me to picture some random guy in a little cubicle in the basement somewhere going 'yes, we need MORE VAMPIRE BOOKS! Mwa ha ha!' And clicking 'buy now' with glee.

Last edited by ficbot; 05-14-2010 at 10:43 PM.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote