View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 05:45 AM   #7
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Can we really say that DT "owned" anything other than the tech used for the platform?

I really don't think you can say they owned a share of Tolino.
Hmm, I guess they probably did at some point since for a while they also had their own store running, but I guess you’re correct that only the book vendors involved generally decide on the fate of the platform.
Problem is when Rakuten cannot or aren’t willing anymore to provide the solutions and technology the partners want. On the other hand, the system is currently set up to work, so if Rakuten don’t interfere with that, everything should remain as it is.
I just don’t believe that Rakuten won’t try to impose some of the Kobo stuff on the book vendors, and if that goes wrong, hell breaks lose
Again, on the other hand, if Rakuten use what they have acquired to improve on the Kobo platform, readers all over the world could profit from that...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote