View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 09:10 PM   #426
Kindle3w_Pdfs
Enthusiast
Kindle3w_Pdfs began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Dave, thanks for the suggestion, but I don't want to manually tinker with hundreds of pdf files. Also, I don't see how that could solve the lack of a fit-width default setting. Some Android reader apps (example: EBookDroid) can automatically do what I want for each pdf file I open (fit-width, landscape and margins cropping, which together maximize the fontsize without significantly compromising ease of use), so why can't a Kindle pdf reader app do it automatically too? It's important with small screens (like the 6" screen of the Kindle 3).

I hope you're not implying there's no way to change Librerator's default settings to fit-width and landscape (with automatic cropping of margins). If it makes it easier to do, the new default settings wouldn't need to be for pdf only, because if necessary I could use a different copy of Librerator to view epub files. (Or I could continue to use my Android phone for epub. The word reflow that's hard to do properly with pdf and djvu is easy with other formats such as epub, so the epub fontsize can be large even on a very small screen, even the 3.5" screens of my old ZTE Zinger and Kyocera Hydro cellphones, which were $10 each when on sale at Target a few years ago.)

The Kindle's built-in reader can be set to default to fit-width (also known as fit-to-screen) and landscape orientation; its only significant problem (in my opinion) is that it won't automatically crop the margins of pdf files. I installed Librerator because I read that it can automatically crop margins. I wasn't expecting to lose the automatic fit-width and landscape features of the stock reader.
Kindle3w_Pdfs is offline   Reply With Quote